Pay & benefits
Because we are doing the most important job in the world – caring for and nurturing the next generation – we invest heavily in our team.
We offer many benefits, including:
- Competitive pay
- Financial bonuses & pension
- Generous holidays
- Attention to wellbeing
- Excellent working environment
- A host of other advantages
At Teepee Day Nursery, we make it our business to know what’s going on and we pride ourselves in keeping our finger on the pulse. We regularly compare rates locally and nationally to make sure that we offer really competitive rates of pay.
Our team all work flexible hours to suit their own work/life balance. You can choose to work:
- full time
- part time
- condensed hours, working full time over four days for instance
- the earlier shift or the later shift.
We try to keep overtime to a minimum but when it is required, we always pay you for it or give you the time off in lieu.
And we only ask you to carry out the role that you are actually employed for. So, unlike other nursery providers, we won’t ever ask you to do the evening cleaning.
Other nice benefits are:
- You get a full uniform, which includes everything you will need (even a bobble hat)
- Each practitioner is given their own Tablet device to observe the children
- Meals and snacks freshly prepared by our chef – for our team as well as the children
Financial bonuses & pension
There are lots of financial benefits to working at Teepee Day Nursery Bracknell:
- Discounts on nursery fees if you have a child yourself
- Recommend a friend bonus: We would much rather pay you than a recruitment agency and if they are your friend then we will probably like them too! So we pay you £500 for each friend that we employ
- Annual parent questionnaire bonus
- Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ bonus
We contribute to your workplace pension in line with government guidelines.
We know that looking after children day in, day out is tiring, so we offer generous holiday entitlement. Everyone gets at least 31 days a year (pro rata).
And because we value length of service, the holiday entitlement rises to 34 days after five years.
Plus you get an extra day off every four months if you haven’t taken any time off for sickness or to look after dependants. So you could have an additional three days off per year.
We are always closed between Christmas and New Year, so you have guaranteed time off.
Attention to wellbeing
We have a genuinely caring and supportive culture: you work hard for us, and we support you in managing your own health and wellbeing.
- Supplementary Health Programme – contributing towards the cost of routine healthcare (e.g. second opinions, counselling sessions and help with fees at the dentist, optician, therapist)
- Monthly acupressure massage sessions over lunchtime
- Free Headspace meditation subscription
- Memberships and discounts for local gyms
- Employee Assistance Programme, including access to counselling, legal, financial and professional support
- Return-to-work meetings after any period of leave to support you in coming back to work
- Free lunch and snacks
We really listen too. You also get your say through our team reps and an annual team questionnaire.
If things don’t go as planned:
- We can offer a generous compassionate leave package
- We can pay for periods of sickness of up to four weeks
- We have a Hardship Fund if a tricky situation arises
- We can help with support and access to Citizens Advice or counselling services.
Excellent working environment
From the photos you can see what a beautiful working environment we have, inside and out.
Small intimate rooms mean that you really get to know the children and their parents. Children interact better in small groups, so all round it’s a cosier, more relaxed environment.
We have a large staff room and staff garden to have a proper break in peace – we even have mindfulness and adult colouring books, if that helps you switch off.
We never use agency staff, which means that we have a better, more cohesive, knowledgeable team, which in turn means less pressure.
We have a paperless online observation/diary system, which means that you spend more time with the children – which is what you signed up for – and less time doing paperwork.
There’s a free car park and bicycle facilities if you cycle to work. And excellent bus links to Bracknell town centre.
Other advantages are that Early Years is a great career to choose!
Working with the babies and young children at Teepee Day Nursery guarantees that you will:
- Have lots of fun
- Have lots of variety
- Have a real sense of responsibility
- Make a real difference to a child and their family
- Be someone really special
- Experience great team working
We also have a Christmas party, and other social events throughout the year.